Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BP 2, episode 3: All done


I scribbled notes as per usual this episode but I'm going off-book on this baby. And I'll make it short. I simply can't, in good faith, continue with this show. I feel to do so would just support it. I think the producers play a bigger role than we're led to believe, although that's just a hunch. And I think they believe a villain makes for good TV so they keep Kasey and Vienna around. Maybe they're right, but we don't want to see the villains win. Do we? The bad guys won last season and they're on target to win again this season. And if the producers have nothing to do with who stays and who goes, then I care even less because everyone on the show is too stupid to do the right thing. When King Ding-a-Ling was awarded the last rose, sending Jake home, it just hit home how far out of touch I am with the whole thing. How can any of those losers possibly keep Kermit around? It just boggles the mind. It makes zero sense from a personal standpoint, and it makes no sense from a practical standpoint.
  1. Personal: He's weird and delusional and prickly, not to mention a real "jenius".
  2. Practical: By all indications, he and the Drama Queen are the power couple who are the biggest threat to anyone else winning. Breaking them up would give everyone else a much better chance of winning.
So why keep him around? How is it that bland Jake needs to be sent home? People see how Vienna acts, they see the bickering between her and Kasey, yet they believe Jake was the true villain in that relationship? There's not even the shadow of a doubt? The return of David and Natalie this week cemented my opinion of the game aspect of this show – it sucks big time.

So that's that. Opinions?

And for the love of all that's good in the world, that masked man schtick at the end was old the first episode. I believe now he was a plant from the beginning. Remember when Chris Harrison said he was the most talked-about person in the history of the show? Did anyone ever talk about him? The guy had no charisma, no looks and no sense of humour yet now he's the clown prince? Bah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Canucks didn't win the Cup but I'll still watch them if they make the playoffs next year. Maybe it is like real life, a lot of the time people we think shouldn't come out on top do!
Blake is still worth watching.
I don't know why they didn't show the limo ride out and Jake's final comments.
I think they should give out condoms not roses.
I've demoted the show to recorded playback only, that way I only have to waste 1-1.5 hours of my life instead of 2.

Guy MacPherson said...

The difference, Anonymous, is that you like the game. The joy is in the process. And even if you don't like all the players, hockey is played with a certain thuggish civility and respect. But this whole process stinks and the players (at least the ones excelling based on this season and last) aren't the least bit likable.

Anonymous said...

Awwww....come on, guy...you are correct...it's a train wreck...and not even an engaging one...but it's sort of grown into a "love to hate this show" sort of thing....so be sweet and blog it out to the horrible, bitter, we-don't-really-like-any-of-these-people-very-much end. OK????

Guy MacPherson said...

I like the train wreck aspects. I like the drama, the comedy, the interactions, etc. I don't like what we're probably not seeing -- the explanations why the two villains need to be kept around. And because we don't see it, I tend to think it's more an orchestration from the producers than anything. We know reality ain't really reality; it's entertainment. It's the actual game part that I detest. Not the weekly lame contests -- those are okay -- but the voting and how the rules change willy-nilly to suit the show's needs.